The OF Blog: This may be one of the strangest book covers I own

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

This may be one of the strangest book covers I own


I was going through my Portuguese-language bookshelves tonight and I happened to recall thinking that when I bought this used a few years ago that this Brazilian edition of Gabriel García Márquez's story collection Ojos de perro azul (Eyes of the Blue Dog) might just feature one of the weirdest, oddest covers that I own outside the infamous Ballantine Adult Fantasy anthology that featured a naked man riding a huge serpent.  There's just something glorious about the sombrero-wearing skeleton hoisting a dusty bottle, but it's the chicken in the corner, staring ahead, that adds that je ne sais quoi quality to the piece to make it something truly sublime.

Thought I'd share this with those who like weird cover art...and those who fancy chickens and/or drunken skeletons, I suppose.

1 comment:

nikki @bookpunks said...

Daaamn. I am scouring my shelves for something stranger, but that is one weird cover. Love it and don't love it all at once.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites