The OF Blog: Which is worse between these two covers?

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Which is worse between these two covers?


When I saw the first cover from May 1985, I thought "No way they could be more stupid and sexist in a single cover art image."  Then I saw the August 1985 issue.  I was wrong.  Very wrong.  Let's see what we have here:  a blue naked woman with a bow-like object covering her most private parts standing on a very fat bearded man with moobs.  As if that weren't bad enough, look at where the other woman is in this picture.

Sigh...with covers like this, no wonder American SF has often been relegated to the nerd bins of history.  Comments?


4 comments:

Patrick said...

Baen covers haven't come far have they...

Aidan Moher said...

Is that a pube monster in the second photo?

Larry Nolen said...

That's what I was wondering. That and a naked Smurfette crying goo while sporting a bow.

Unknown said...

Wish I could un-see that 2nd cover.

 
Add to Technorati Favorites