The OF Blog: Revisiting the SFF Masterworks blog reviews of mine

Friday, May 27, 2011

Revisiting the SFF Masterworks blog reviews of mine

Last summer, several bloggers, including myself, launched a group blog, SFF Masterworks, with the goal of reviewing each and every one of the Gollancz SF Masterworks and Fantasy Masterworks lists.  With all such great ideas, the enthusiasm was high at first and then it petered out a few months later.  Not pointing any fingers (since three at least would be pointed back at me), but it would be nice to see the job finished.  I've ported over there over the past couple of months old reviews of books on that list that I had done in 2007-2009, but I think it's time to highlight that group blog again.

If I have the time this evening, I plan on writing a review of Jack Finney's The Body Snatchers and crosspost it both here and over there.  I also plan on porting over the next few weeks old reviews of mine from there over here.  Hopefully others who participated in the project might feel moved to do the same with their reviews and maybe think of reading and writing an occasional review over there so we could finish the job and get 130+ reviews up over there sometime over the next year or so.  Or maybe it's a quixotic idea, but hey, sometimes those windmill tilting adventures can be fun, right?

1 comment:

Simon J said...

Darn man, I didn't know about that site you guys are using for your SF & F Masterwork reviews! I must have missed the post on OfBlog that mentioned it

 
Add to Technorati Favorites