The OF Blog: New acquisitions

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

New acquisitions

Short post this time, mostly just to list books that I've received in the past week or so (either via purchase or review copies sent by publishers), but I will note that I will have a bit more time over the next week or so for reading/reviewing for reasons I don't care to go into detail now, except to say that I've come to the realization that I need a new career path. But enough of that and on with the spec fic-related books received this month:


Forrest Aguirre (ed.), Leviathan 4: Cities

Keith Brooke and Nick Gevers (eds.), Infinity Plus: The Anthology

Stephen Baxter and Arthur C. Clarke, Firstborn (ARC)

Alan DeNiro, Skinny Dipping in the Lake of the Dead

Edward Whittemore, Nile Shadows; Jericho Mosaic

Glen Hirshberg, American Morons

Naomi Novik, Throne of Jade; Black Powder War; Empire of Ivory (review copy)

M. Rickert, Map of Dreams

Geoff Ryman, Air

Jeff Somers, The Electric Church

Jo Walton, Farthing


This is in addition to about another half-dozen or so non spec fic fiction and non-fiction books that I've purchased. Lots of things to read during what is shaping up to be one of the more difficult times in my "melodramatic"-sounding life story. But tomorrow shall be a better day. Unless my recent troubles with my vision are worse than typical worsening of myopia, but that'll be a worry for another day.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites